Josephine is 4 months old this week. She is treating her parents really well and is a great baby. (Not that we're biased or anything). We feel really blessed to have a happy, smiley baby girl who is good at putting herself to sleep. She's doing really well with tummy time and holding her neck up. In the last week she's really interested in her toys, is grasping for things, and it all goes straight to her mouth.
We had another ultrasound on Josephine's hips this week. She's definitely showing improvement, but the doctor wants her to continue with 23 hrs/day for another two weeks. After that, it will be 7 weeks since we started her in the brace. Again, we are hopeful that at that point we can just wear it at night. But, who knows. I did tell the doctor to quit getting my hopes up though.
Unfortunately 4 months also marks the end of my maternity leave from work and the start of my work leave from Josephine. I have a lot of anxieties about it and I know it will be very hard to leave her. I can't say much more because I'm trying to stay positive and don't want to start crying while writing this post. But, one of those positive things is that Matt's sister, Deanne, moved in with us last weekend and is going to take care of Josephine. She's been hanging out with us this week and I think she's going to do great.
No comments:
Post a Comment