Wednesday, January 1, 2014

happy new year!

We started this year by staying up way too late, eating too much sugar, and sleeping in.  Oh, and I quit my job to be a stay at home mama for a little while.  The decision was very hard and makes no sense financially.  But, the emotional pull and life experience well outweighed the negatives.  I'm looking forward to this new adventure, even if it seems kind of surreal at this moment.

Ira is 8 months old today!  Hard to believe that much time has passed.  He's a very fun, smiley baby (as long as he's not hungry, tired, or teething!).  He has mastered crawling and pulling himself up to stand.  He's started standing all by himself and just last night at a NYE's party started cruising along a coffee table.  He has FOUR teeth...and I think he's working on more!  One of my favorite things is having "raspberry" conversations with him.

Josephine had a lot of fun this holiday season and was very into all the Christmas songs and presents.  Her favorite song was "Jingle Bells" and any present with snowmen on the wrapping paper.

The three of us are making a big trip next week to Virginia to see my family.  I'm looking forward to all of it...except the plane ride.  But it will be worth it to see everyone and have the cousins spend some quality time together!

Sorry I've been short on photos lately.  Whenever we head out of the house, I'm always schlepping so many things I forget to grab the camera.  Here are a few from our recent park outing.








No comments:

Post a Comment