Monday, April 22, 2013

time flies

Eeks, has it really been since March that I posted anything here?  I guess time flies when you're having fun.  Or maybe time flies when you're dealing with life, working, pregnant, and trying to chase after a crazy toddler while potty training.  Yep, we've been busy.  Mostly, we've been spending a lot of time here:


In March we attempted a 3-day potty training bootcamp wherein Josephine would be completly potty trained at the end.  I wouldn't say it exactly worked as "sold".  She's still having accidents and definitely trying our patience on a regular basis.  But, we're sticking to it, and we've been diaper free for over a month now.  (Mostly because I had to get those cloth diapers ready for the new baby!)  Although it's been rough at times, we just have to remember she's doing really well for her age and it's going to take some time to be accident-free.  That, and pretty soon I get to have a glass of wine to help cope.

We recently had a chance to meet our new nephew Jace Alexander Gibson, son to Matt's brother Nathan.  He was just 2 weeks old when they came to visit us.  Seeing a newborn really hit it home for me that we'll have one of our own soon!  I think she'll make a pretty good big sister, don't you?  :)



first 2 rules of happiest baby on the block: swaddle and side lay!


Speaking of which, I am now just a week out from the due date of gibby smalls #2.  This pregnancy has really flown by and I've been very lucky that it's been pretty smooth sailing all the way along.  I'm definitely feeling the full term fatigue and a bad head cold isn't helping much.  But, they say you have to be willing to do anything to end the misery of pregnancy.  I think I'm pretty close to being able to put up with childbirth.

I'm sure we'll do our best to post pictures and news about the new babe asap.  But in truth I have no idea how this whole newborn + toddler thing is gonna go.  I'm sure we'll enter "survival mode" for a little while.  If you can't tell, I'm a bit anxious about the upcoming changes in our family.  I suppose I should be prepared by now, but it's always hard for me to imagine.  Part of that may be not knowing the sex of the baby, or just remembering how surprised and amazed I was in how we reacted to Josephine's arrival....the amount of love we felt for her could never have been predicted.  I know in the end this baby and our capacity for love will equally amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment