Ira is now one month old! In some ways it's hard to believe it's been that long, but it also feels like we've never been without him. It's true that your capacity for love expands infinitely with each child. He is an amazing blessing, just like his sister. At one month old he is more awake to the world and spends a few hours a day observing. He often perks up to the sound of my voice and I think he also recognizes Josephine. He loves when daddy talks in a low voice that vibrates his little body and they have enjoyed many, many naps together. Especially in the late evening when I'm trying to get some good sleep (which I appreciate very much!).

Although he still feeds every two to three hours, Ira is a good sleeper at night and doesn't keep me up much past his feeding. I'm always amazed when I can swaddle him and he'll drift off to sleep cozied up next to me. He does enjoy a little nursing though...well, actually a lot of nursing. I'm not complaining though. If I know anything from Josephine, it's that this stage doesn't last very long and I'm trying to soak it all in.

Ira is starting to give us little grins here and there. And he's got a pretty good "smise" going (for those that don't watch ANTM, that's a smile with your eyes). Oh, and he can fart with the best of them. I crack up every morning when he wakes up and wiggles out some man-sized farts. Never thought that could come out of a baby!
Before he was born, Matt and I figured that karma would send a more difficult baby our way. Somehow we got blessed with another sweet, easy going baby and I couldn't be more thankful. Let's hope the universe keeps us in its favor when they are teenagers!
awww he's adorable!! and I LOVE his name!! what a sweet little family you've got!
ReplyDelete