We had a lovely, low key birthday celebration for both the kids last Saturday. Josephine insisted on balloons, party hats, and strawberry cake. That, I can do!
We've had a few birthdays leading up to this one, and Josephine always start wailing and crying when people would start singing "Happy Birthday". So we talked about it a lot leading up to her party. At first, she only wanted candles...no singing. But then she changed her mind and decided singing was ok and she wasn't going to cry. But watch the video carefully, and after we sing she has to take a moment to collect herself before she can blow out the candles. It's such an adorable moment, and I'm very impressed that she was able to control her emotions like that. It's in these moments, that I'm pretty sure we'll make it through her third year intact.
I'm so in love with this girl. I give thanks to God for our beautiful family and these special blessings I have received.
No comments:
Post a Comment