Monday, May 5, 2014

one



My sweet baby boy turned one last week.  This year has gone by so quickly.  I have tried so hard to soak up all the sweet smells, cuddly moments, baby giggles, and soft skin.  I know it's not all over, but there's a sadness that his infant year is already passed.  At the same time, he's so much fun to play with these days it helps me look forward to new stages.  I'm especially interested in the "sleeping through the night stage".  After nearly a full year of co-sleeping, he's now in his crib and we're working on sleep training.  I always knew this would be a tough sell for Ira.  He's a stubborn, emotional kid but I can already see the benefits of him (and us!) getting more sleep at night.

One of my favorite things Ira does these days is he insists on me rubbing his feet while he's nursing.  I can totally relate because I love a good foot tickle.  He also loves stacking toys and putting lids on things.  As always, he follows Josephine around religiously and wants into everything she's got.  He tries to emulate her all the time which is totally adorable.  He likes kicking around balls, making cars go, and climbing on absolutely everything.  Hmm, sounds like a total boy!  Here are some videos of his favorite activities at one year old.







Ira had a fun time digging into his cake, although it took some encouragement from his sister and cousin to really get into it.  Here's a few photos from his birthday cake extravaganza.




We love you baby Ira.


No comments:

Post a Comment